Monday, July 27, 2009

Walk This Way!

Ok, I know that's a song title, I remember the song clearly!
This is not about a song or the video that went with it, sorry...

So many times we look at a situation and lament, if we just knew what God wanted us to do we'd be happy to do it.

If we just knew His will for our lives we'd jump on the right track and run to the prize.

If we had that cloud by day and the pillar of fire by night to guide us on our way...

If Jesus were alive and walking with us, like He was while He was on earth.....

If we had Joshua to lead us into the promised land....

If things were like they were in Bible times it would be easier.....

If we just didn't have so many distractions and noise or pretty sparkley things......

If we were in the Garden we wouldn't have messed up like Eve and Adam.....

If we just had our kids straightened out, then we could concentrate on God....

If we had a husband that was a Godly man, we'd be able to be closer to God and know His will....

If we didn't have a husband we'd be able to be closer to God and know His will.....

If we just had some kind of sign, we'd be able to follow God's direction....

If we just had the right Bible Translation we'd be able to understand God's direction....

If King David were alive today we could get God's direction from a meeting with him....

If King Solomon were alive today he could surely give us God's direction....

Does any of this sound familiar?? Or am I the only one that can come up with a million legitimate excuses for being confused and unsure about what I'm supposed to be doing?

Is this God or is it me, how do I know??? What do I do? Where do I go?

Please tell me I'm not the only one that sits and stares into space wishing for a neon sign to come down from heaven with the words inscribed, "THIS WAY"

Gods Word says, "Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you saying, "This is the way, walk in it." Isaiah 30:21 NIV

To me the answer is pretty simple.

The more I draw near to Him, the clearer His voice is to me. The clearer His voice is to me, the easier it is to understand the direction coming from behind me.

When I get to know Him intimately, I will recognize His voice.

Even if I'm in a crowd with lots of noise, I will hear His voice behind me telling me which way to go.

His voice will become so familiar that without hesitation, I will know it's my Father, my Love, my Husband, my Protector, my Provider, my Strength, my Everything whispering in my ear His direction for me.

I'm not there yet, but my desire is to know Him that well. To be so one with Him, that His presence is with me every minute of everyday gently whispering in my ear, "This is the way, walk in it."

I know I'm not the only one with this desire, as His children we understand our life depends on hearing His voice.

As I walk on this journey of drawing closer to Him, come join me.......Walk This Way!

Blessings,
Princess, Daughter of the King of Kings
Mother of Princesses and Princes
Grandmother of Royalty

2 comments:

  1. Amen!! Out of time spent with Him we learn the sound of His voice as He speaks to us, unique to each one of us. The sheep know the voice of their shepherd!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I were just discussing last night that we wished we could hear more clearly his will as we struggle to make a big decision in our life.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I appreciate your company!

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Labels

    Prayer (11) battle gear (11) Faith (5) Family (5) Worship (5) America (4) Blessings (4) God's promise (4) Light (4) politically correct (4) praise (4) unemployed (4) Coffee (3) Forgiveness (3) God's will (3) Grace (3) Holy Land Experience (3) Holy Spirit (3) Jesus (3) children (3) fear (3) miracles (3) victory (3) Alabaster Box (2) Armor (2) Beach (2) Blood of Jesus (2) Choices (2) Cleansing (2) Content (2) Daddy (2) Dance (2) Death (2) Direction (2) Fasting (2) Favor (2) Florida (2) Friends (2) God (2) God's Favor (2) His Word (2) Home (2) Idols (2) Mercy (2) Ministry (2) Ohio (2) Plan (2) Pray (2) Proverbs (2) Rejoice (2) Salvation (2) Sunshine (2) Sword (2) Thankful (2) Warrior (2) Warriors Manual (2) attacks (2) encouragement (2) frontline (2) healing (2) trust (2) 9-11 (1) Abraham (1) Abuse (1) Affairs (1) Alter (1) Anonymous (1) Ant (1) Backing away (1) Bible (1) Bloggers retreat (1) Blues (1) Breastplate (1) Butterfly (1) Canton (1) Career (1) Cat (1) Chile miners (1) Classified (1) Closet (1) Communion (1) Compromise (1) Confused (1) Coutryard (1) Cursing (1) Dancing (1) Darkness (1) Decisions (1) Detour (1) Distress (1) Dream (1) Exodus (1) FEMA. job (1) FROG (1) Faithful Instruction (1) Father's strength (1) First Aid (1) Flag (1) Flawless (1) Fragrance (1) Freedom (1) Generations (1) Gifting (1) Girlies (1) God First (1) God's Good Pleasure (1) God's Word (1) God's light (1) Grandchild (1) Grandchildren (1) Grandma (1) Green Grass (1) Helmet (1) Hephzibah (1) His voice (1) Hope (1) Household (1) Identity (1) Idleness (1) Instruction (1) Intellectual elite (1) Intercessor (1) Ireland (1) Jewish Temple (1) Jupiter (1) Letting go (1) Life (1) Lifeguard (1) Loneliness (1) Love (1) Maurading Forces (1) Merge Church (1) Merry Christmas (1) Mess (1) Military (1) Monday (1) Motivation (1) Name change (1) Nashville (1) Negative (1) New Day (1) New Name (1) Nursing home (1) Oatmeal Paste (1) Ocean (1) Offense (1) Offering (1) Parade (1) Past Mistakes (1) Poison (1) Positive (1) Pride (1) Priorities (1) Protocol (1) Psalm (1) Record (1) Refuge (1) Repent (1) Rescue (1) Resume (1) Retail (1) Rigousness (1) Robbers (1) Role Model (1) Roots (1) Salt (1) Sand (1) School (1) Scrapbook (1) Seasoning (1) Security (1) Seek Him (1) Sexual Promiscuity (1) Shalimar (1) Shame (1) Shield of Faith (1) Significance (1) Sin (1) Sing (1) Single Mothers (1) Son (1) Special Ops. (1) Steep (1) Sun (1) Sweat (1) Sword of the Spirit (1) Tea Pot (1) Tea bag (1) Teach (1) Temperature (1) Titus (1) Tolerant (1) Tomatoes (1) Toxins (1) Toys (1) Truth (1) Unsure (1) Venom (1) WWII (1) Walk This Way (1) Water (1) Wisdom (1) Words (1) alone (1) betrayal (1) bleach (1) bronchitis (1) challenges (1) clouds (1) comfort (1) cross-stitch (1) cupboard (1) divorce (1) flaming arrows (1) helping (1) integrity (1) job (1) journey (1) needlework (1) perseverance (1) resoration (1) rest (1) retail management (1) roach (1) separation (1) shield (1) slavation (1) solar power (1) sorrow (1) stars (1) stress (1) surgery (1) tatting (1) tax (1) tongue (1) unemployment (1) ungodliness (1) vision (1) wine (1) worry (1)

    Search This Blog