Monday, July 6, 2009

God's Promise Concerning My Children

I will pour out my Spirit on your offspring, and my blessing on your descendants. They will spring up like grass in a meadow, like poplar trees by flowing streams. One will say, "I belong to the Lord"; another will call himself by the name of Jacob; still another will write on his hand, "The Lord's" and will take the name Israel. Is. 44:3-5

The bookcase in my living room is full enough to give an organizer or interior decorator heart palpitations! It's full, full of everything.

To anyone else looking at it it's a jumble of books, old and new, pictures, old and new, trinkets, do dads, worthless items to anyone else but me.

To me that bookcase is a comfort. I look at it and see four generations of snapshots. Memories of some who've gone on to be with the Lord, my parents and twin granddaughters. I see my children, my "adopted" children, my grandchildren.

In one clean sweep I can stand before that bookcase and see almost everyone I hold dear, everyone I pray for daily. Some all ready in the Kingdom serving, and some running wild, yet destine to be a servant of the most high God.

God's promise to me is my Children. I wasn't a perfect Mom, but my prayers of salvation, blessing and restoration are ever before Him and I believe in His promise.

He will pour out His Spirit on my children, His Blessing on my Offspring. When I think of that scripture promise I get so excited. My Children, grandchildren, and future generations pre-destined to be His.

Through prayer, much prayer, constant prayer, never ending prayer God's Spirit will be on and in my Children.

His love and faithfulness, His promise of His Spirit and Blessing are not just for my children. They are for who ever stands on His promise.

If your Children aren't walking the straight and narrow today, take heart. God has a promise for you. It's the same promise He made me.

Start today and stand on that promise for your household, meditate on it, write it down, repeat it daily. Chew on it like it was a perfectly done steak!

And God, in His perfect time will honor your prayers and mine. Our children will run smack into God and have no idea what happened!!

Blessings
Princess, Daughter of the King of Kings
Mother of Princesses and Princes
Grandmother of Royalty

2 comments:

  1. Everyone of us needs a "bookcase" like yours! May God hold the hearts of EVERYONE of your children until they turn to Him for themselves. Don't give up praying for them and "theirs".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bookcase defines my home decor. My home isn't a showplace; it's a haven for us and we are surrounded by things we truly like even if they don't go together in an interior design sense. I like walking through a room and seeing one of my kid's framed artwork on the wall, or photos on a shelf, or a special teacup from my grandmother.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I appreciate your company!

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Labels

    Prayer (11) battle gear (11) Faith (5) Family (5) Worship (5) America (4) Blessings (4) God's promise (4) Light (4) politically correct (4) praise (4) unemployed (4) Coffee (3) Forgiveness (3) God's will (3) Grace (3) Holy Land Experience (3) Holy Spirit (3) Jesus (3) children (3) fear (3) miracles (3) victory (3) Alabaster Box (2) Armor (2) Beach (2) Blood of Jesus (2) Choices (2) Cleansing (2) Content (2) Daddy (2) Dance (2) Death (2) Direction (2) Fasting (2) Favor (2) Florida (2) Friends (2) God (2) God's Favor (2) His Word (2) Home (2) Idols (2) Mercy (2) Ministry (2) Ohio (2) Plan (2) Pray (2) Proverbs (2) Rejoice (2) Salvation (2) Sunshine (2) Sword (2) Thankful (2) Warrior (2) Warriors Manual (2) attacks (2) encouragement (2) frontline (2) healing (2) trust (2) 9-11 (1) Abraham (1) Abuse (1) Affairs (1) Alter (1) Anonymous (1) Ant (1) Backing away (1) Bible (1) Bloggers retreat (1) Blues (1) Breastplate (1) Butterfly (1) Canton (1) Career (1) Cat (1) Chile miners (1) Classified (1) Closet (1) Communion (1) Compromise (1) Confused (1) Coutryard (1) Cursing (1) Dancing (1) Darkness (1) Decisions (1) Detour (1) Distress (1) Dream (1) Exodus (1) FEMA. job (1) FROG (1) Faithful Instruction (1) Father's strength (1) First Aid (1) Flag (1) Flawless (1) Fragrance (1) Freedom (1) Generations (1) Gifting (1) Girlies (1) God First (1) God's Good Pleasure (1) God's Word (1) God's light (1) Grandchild (1) Grandchildren (1) Grandma (1) Green Grass (1) Helmet (1) Hephzibah (1) His voice (1) Hope (1) Household (1) Identity (1) Idleness (1) Instruction (1) Intellectual elite (1) Intercessor (1) Ireland (1) Jewish Temple (1) Jupiter (1) Letting go (1) Life (1) Lifeguard (1) Loneliness (1) Love (1) Maurading Forces (1) Merge Church (1) Merry Christmas (1) Mess (1) Military (1) Monday (1) Motivation (1) Name change (1) Nashville (1) Negative (1) New Day (1) New Name (1) Nursing home (1) Oatmeal Paste (1) Ocean (1) Offense (1) Offering (1) Parade (1) Past Mistakes (1) Poison (1) Positive (1) Pride (1) Priorities (1) Protocol (1) Psalm (1) Record (1) Refuge (1) Repent (1) Rescue (1) Resume (1) Retail (1) Rigousness (1) Robbers (1) Role Model (1) Roots (1) Salt (1) Sand (1) School (1) Scrapbook (1) Seasoning (1) Security (1) Seek Him (1) Sexual Promiscuity (1) Shalimar (1) Shame (1) Shield of Faith (1) Significance (1) Sin (1) Sing (1) Single Mothers (1) Son (1) Special Ops. (1) Steep (1) Sun (1) Sweat (1) Sword of the Spirit (1) Tea Pot (1) Tea bag (1) Teach (1) Temperature (1) Titus (1) Tolerant (1) Tomatoes (1) Toxins (1) Toys (1) Truth (1) Unsure (1) Venom (1) WWII (1) Walk This Way (1) Water (1) Wisdom (1) Words (1) alone (1) betrayal (1) bleach (1) bronchitis (1) challenges (1) clouds (1) comfort (1) cross-stitch (1) cupboard (1) divorce (1) flaming arrows (1) helping (1) integrity (1) job (1) journey (1) needlework (1) perseverance (1) resoration (1) rest (1) retail management (1) roach (1) separation (1) shield (1) slavation (1) solar power (1) sorrow (1) stars (1) stress (1) surgery (1) tatting (1) tax (1) tongue (1) unemployment (1) ungodliness (1) vision (1) wine (1) worry (1)

    Search This Blog