Thursday, July 8, 2010

No Hope? Here's Some of Mine!

In our hearts we felt the sentence of death. But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves, but on God, who raises the dead. He has delivered us from such a peril, and He will deliver us. On Him we have set our hope that He will continue to deliver us. 2 Cor.1:9

I usually tend to shy away from Paul's writing because to me, he rambles. Now before you decide to have a deliverance session for me let me explain.

Having the tendency to ramble on myself, I can relate to his wordings. But many times I find myself at the end of a sentence forgetting what the beginning was about and I lose the whole thought.

This thought of his really makes sense to me, let me explain.

Many times through out the years I've felt the grip of panic and fear, the darkness of feeling alone, and the inability to breath. The overwhelming feeling that everything is spinning out of control and I surely won't make it another day without some kind of relief.

To me the sentence of death isn't just about dieing a physical death, it's about being in a place of no hope. You feel alone and there is nothing anyone can do to turn the page, so to speak. You just have to sit there in the dark and wait praying for something, anything to happen to get you through this situation.

My old way of handling these moments or days or weeks was to go into a total panic, cry uncontrollably, and hide in a corner out of shear terror of what was to become of me. Not much hope, very little faith.

As I've grown closer to God I'm able to look on these momentary setbacks and know, in time, the sun will shine because none of my situation at hand is a surprise to God. He knew it was coming, He knew it wasn't going to kill me, and He all ready had a plan for my salvation from whatever situation I currently found myself.

During these times of certain "death" I find myself recouping my composure much more quickly than I once did. I find myself reminding God about all the past messes He's seen me through and that, since I am one of His favorite daughters, I just know He has the Master plan to raise me from the "dead" yet again.

No matter what "death scene" I'm experiencing at the moment, I've learned through experience, my loving faithful Father will once again reach down, pick me up and set me on my way. His track record is impeccable, He is always there working in the background on my behalf. And through each scary trial my faith in Him grows.

So now, when the "goblins" come to attack, I refer back to the many times I was rescued and "raised from the dead" and they don't seem so big and scary.

When we are faithful to seek God, He allows us to find Him, He's ever ready to extend His hand of life to us in our most dire situations.

If you are going through a period of "sure death" with unemployment, divorce, betrayal, foreclosure, disease, flood, draught or what ever other plague or plagues are beating your door down, seek Him, cry out to Him and in time you'll be able to breathe again.

Nothing you are going through is a surprise to Him. He all ready has your victory planned out. He just needs you to reach out to Him in faith knowing He'll do what He does best. Then stand on the fact that He will do it. He'll come through, I promise. Maybe not the way or in the time frame you would envision, but His ways are not our ways. Trust me on this, His ways are sooooo much better!

There are so many other scriptures about God being our protector, but I choose to close with this one. After all it is my blog!

"Because she loves me," says the Lord, "I will rescue her; I will protect her, for she acknowledges My name." Ps. 91:14 Yours doesn't say she??? Why not try inserting your name to give this an added bit of reality.

Blessings,

Wendy
Princess
Daughter of the King of Kings
Mother of Princesses and Princes
Grandmother of Royalty







4 comments:

  1. Hi Wendy,
    What a beautiful testimony of the grace of our God!
    How else would we grow in ''faith'', without having occasions (many occasions) to cry out to our Father... for His help: then, our ''faith'' grows! Wonderful purpose and plan for everything that happens in our lives.
    God bless you... every so richly: with His special ''double-portion''.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Wendy,

    It is good to realize that absolutely nothing that occurs in our life comes as a surprise to God. Knowing that God knows reminds me that he also cares.

    Thanks for this post,

    MTJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Nothing you are going through is a surprise to Him. He all ready has your victory planned out. "...oh, boy...I LOVE that! Hallelujah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Wendy, great post! I came upon you through My Thought-filled Journal & am glad I did (no coincidence tho' as He brings us all together!)!! Yes, many time I know of that feeling that darkness will overtake you. But, I just cry out to Him and bury myself in His word. There's always comfort to be found there!

    Please come by & visit my blog & follow, as I now do you! I welcome any comments you have to my posts!

    Peace, my new friend ~ Merana

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I appreciate your company!

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Labels

    Prayer (11) battle gear (11) Faith (5) Family (5) Worship (5) America (4) Blessings (4) God's promise (4) Light (4) politically correct (4) praise (4) unemployed (4) Coffee (3) Forgiveness (3) God's will (3) Grace (3) Holy Land Experience (3) Holy Spirit (3) Jesus (3) children (3) fear (3) miracles (3) victory (3) Alabaster Box (2) Armor (2) Beach (2) Blood of Jesus (2) Choices (2) Cleansing (2) Content (2) Daddy (2) Dance (2) Death (2) Direction (2) Fasting (2) Favor (2) Florida (2) Friends (2) God (2) God's Favor (2) His Word (2) Home (2) Idols (2) Mercy (2) Ministry (2) Ohio (2) Plan (2) Pray (2) Proverbs (2) Rejoice (2) Salvation (2) Sunshine (2) Sword (2) Thankful (2) Warrior (2) Warriors Manual (2) attacks (2) encouragement (2) frontline (2) healing (2) trust (2) 9-11 (1) Abraham (1) Abuse (1) Affairs (1) Alter (1) Anonymous (1) Ant (1) Backing away (1) Bible (1) Bloggers retreat (1) Blues (1) Breastplate (1) Butterfly (1) Canton (1) Career (1) Cat (1) Chile miners (1) Classified (1) Closet (1) Communion (1) Compromise (1) Confused (1) Coutryard (1) Cursing (1) Dancing (1) Darkness (1) Decisions (1) Detour (1) Distress (1) Dream (1) Exodus (1) FEMA. job (1) FROG (1) Faithful Instruction (1) Father's strength (1) First Aid (1) Flag (1) Flawless (1) Fragrance (1) Freedom (1) Generations (1) Gifting (1) Girlies (1) God First (1) God's Good Pleasure (1) God's Word (1) God's light (1) Grandchild (1) Grandchildren (1) Grandma (1) Green Grass (1) Helmet (1) Hephzibah (1) His voice (1) Hope (1) Household (1) Identity (1) Idleness (1) Instruction (1) Intellectual elite (1) Intercessor (1) Ireland (1) Jewish Temple (1) Jupiter (1) Letting go (1) Life (1) Lifeguard (1) Loneliness (1) Love (1) Maurading Forces (1) Merge Church (1) Merry Christmas (1) Mess (1) Military (1) Monday (1) Motivation (1) Name change (1) Nashville (1) Negative (1) New Day (1) New Name (1) Nursing home (1) Oatmeal Paste (1) Ocean (1) Offense (1) Offering (1) Parade (1) Past Mistakes (1) Poison (1) Positive (1) Pride (1) Priorities (1) Protocol (1) Psalm (1) Record (1) Refuge (1) Repent (1) Rescue (1) Resume (1) Retail (1) Rigousness (1) Robbers (1) Role Model (1) Roots (1) Salt (1) Sand (1) School (1) Scrapbook (1) Seasoning (1) Security (1) Seek Him (1) Sexual Promiscuity (1) Shalimar (1) Shame (1) Shield of Faith (1) Significance (1) Sin (1) Sing (1) Single Mothers (1) Son (1) Special Ops. (1) Steep (1) Sun (1) Sweat (1) Sword of the Spirit (1) Tea Pot (1) Tea bag (1) Teach (1) Temperature (1) Titus (1) Tolerant (1) Tomatoes (1) Toxins (1) Toys (1) Truth (1) Unsure (1) Venom (1) WWII (1) Walk This Way (1) Water (1) Wisdom (1) Words (1) alone (1) betrayal (1) bleach (1) bronchitis (1) challenges (1) clouds (1) comfort (1) cross-stitch (1) cupboard (1) divorce (1) flaming arrows (1) helping (1) integrity (1) job (1) journey (1) needlework (1) perseverance (1) resoration (1) rest (1) retail management (1) roach (1) separation (1) shield (1) slavation (1) solar power (1) sorrow (1) stars (1) stress (1) surgery (1) tatting (1) tax (1) tongue (1) unemployment (1) ungodliness (1) vision (1) wine (1) worry (1)

    Search This Blog