Wednesday, March 10, 2010

God's Special Forces

OK, I admit the picture to the right is soooo not me. No pink, no sparkles, nothing girlie about it. But, in all the amazing ways God sees us, I believe this is His visual when He looks into our Spirit.

Last Saturday night I woke up about 3AM with my TV still on. I don't believe in accidents so we'll chalk this up as a divine appointment.

The show that was on was detailing Military personnel who are trained to serve in the Special Forces, Green Beret, Seals, and a couple Israeli branches I couldn't name.

I watched in amazement the tests of human endurance these men were put through.

God was impressing on me our true calling in Him. We are to train to be in the Special Forces of God's Army.

Each of the four men were put through a challenge and timed. Then the "fun" began.

One was put in a tub of ice water, bags and bags of ice were added trying to get his core body temperature to drop below a normal range. The man was in that freezing water for an hour, but because of his training and mind discipline he endured, his core body temperature never dropped. He was finally taken out due to concern for his heart and other internal organs not because he begged to be taken out and warmed up.

I was laying in bed covered up shivering watching him.

After taking him out of the ice bath, he was to run the same obstacle course as before, pick up his gun and fire at the person who was the threat. I watched in awe as he executed the obstacle course, picked up his gun and with pin point accuracy hit the target, perfectly. His time and his aim were more accurate after the hour in the ice bath, after the trial.

One by one I watched these amazing men go through their timed tests. Then after an unbelievable trial that would send normal human beings to the hospital, they re-executed their tests in less time and with more accuracy than they did under normal circumstances.

After his trial each was stronger and more accurate than before.

By this time I was wide awake realizing that we, in His service, are called to a higher and more specialized training. We are called to be the SEALS, or Green Berets in the Army of the Living God.

Then they showed the "baddest" of them all, he only appeared in total camouflage, half of his face covered by the night vision apparatus he was going to use and the other half painted. His name was "classified". This man was such a threat to the enemy and so valuable to our Military his name was non-existent. I am quite sure, however, the enemy knows of this masked man. It doesn't matter what his name is, it only matters that he is such a well trained, disciplined, asset to our Military that his identity is protected. WOW

By this time I'm sitting up in bed, it's 4AM now and my mind is racing. God's Special Forces.

How do I prepare for such an assignment, how do I qualify? What on earth do I, little old me, think I'm doing aspiring to be a member of God's Special Forces?

There was another Special Ops. Soldier in Judges. Gideon was approached by an Angel who said,"The Lord is with you, Mighty Warrior." Judges 6:12 NIV

God saw him as a Mighty Warrior. He saw himself as the weakest member of the weakest clan in Israel. Yet God helped Gideon assemble a Special Ops. team that when following God's orders were victorious over a much larger army.

Truth be told, I sometimes have a hard time seeing my self as the baddest of the bad. I don't see Special Ops written on any of my things, but God...... but my God says I'm a Mighty Warrior. Who do I believe, my mind that is filled with self doubt and fear or the Creator of the Universe?

I go with God's vision of me. I am a Warrior, not just any soldier, I'm a member of the elite fighting force, the Special Ops. Team of God's Army.

Training is not hap-hazard for this Elite Fighting Force. We must train daily, always wearing our battle gear, executing our assignments with precision and bravery.

Each test we endure will make us stronger and more accurate in our abilities to defeat the enemy.

My name is Classified and my desire is to have the enemy on the run as I turn in my bed to get up in the morning.

Blessings,
Princess, Daughter of the King of Kings
Mother of Princesses and Princes
Grandmother of Royalty

2 comments:

  1. Amen...fighting with you, sister...ready for battle...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this post. I feel like I've just finished one mission (caring for Studly and seeing him off to His heavenly home) and now I'm in a waiting phase to see what God calls me to next. I need to ready for whatever it is and I appreciate you sounding the wakeup call for me.

    And I love you and thank you for your prayers and support and love over the recent weeks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I appreciate your company!

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Labels

    Prayer (11) battle gear (11) Faith (5) Family (5) Worship (5) America (4) Blessings (4) God's promise (4) Light (4) politically correct (4) praise (4) unemployed (4) Coffee (3) Forgiveness (3) God's will (3) Grace (3) Holy Land Experience (3) Holy Spirit (3) Jesus (3) children (3) fear (3) miracles (3) victory (3) Alabaster Box (2) Armor (2) Beach (2) Blood of Jesus (2) Choices (2) Cleansing (2) Content (2) Daddy (2) Dance (2) Death (2) Direction (2) Fasting (2) Favor (2) Florida (2) Friends (2) God (2) God's Favor (2) His Word (2) Home (2) Idols (2) Mercy (2) Ministry (2) Ohio (2) Plan (2) Pray (2) Proverbs (2) Rejoice (2) Salvation (2) Sunshine (2) Sword (2) Thankful (2) Warrior (2) Warriors Manual (2) attacks (2) encouragement (2) frontline (2) healing (2) trust (2) 9-11 (1) Abraham (1) Abuse (1) Affairs (1) Alter (1) Anonymous (1) Ant (1) Backing away (1) Bible (1) Bloggers retreat (1) Blues (1) Breastplate (1) Butterfly (1) Canton (1) Career (1) Cat (1) Chile miners (1) Classified (1) Closet (1) Communion (1) Compromise (1) Confused (1) Coutryard (1) Cursing (1) Dancing (1) Darkness (1) Decisions (1) Detour (1) Distress (1) Dream (1) Exodus (1) FEMA. job (1) FROG (1) Faithful Instruction (1) Father's strength (1) First Aid (1) Flag (1) Flawless (1) Fragrance (1) Freedom (1) Generations (1) Gifting (1) Girlies (1) God First (1) God's Good Pleasure (1) God's Word (1) God's light (1) Grandchild (1) Grandchildren (1) Grandma (1) Green Grass (1) Helmet (1) Hephzibah (1) His voice (1) Hope (1) Household (1) Identity (1) Idleness (1) Instruction (1) Intellectual elite (1) Intercessor (1) Ireland (1) Jewish Temple (1) Jupiter (1) Letting go (1) Life (1) Lifeguard (1) Loneliness (1) Love (1) Maurading Forces (1) Merge Church (1) Merry Christmas (1) Mess (1) Military (1) Monday (1) Motivation (1) Name change (1) Nashville (1) Negative (1) New Day (1) New Name (1) Nursing home (1) Oatmeal Paste (1) Ocean (1) Offense (1) Offering (1) Parade (1) Past Mistakes (1) Poison (1) Positive (1) Pride (1) Priorities (1) Protocol (1) Psalm (1) Record (1) Refuge (1) Repent (1) Rescue (1) Resume (1) Retail (1) Rigousness (1) Robbers (1) Role Model (1) Roots (1) Salt (1) Sand (1) School (1) Scrapbook (1) Seasoning (1) Security (1) Seek Him (1) Sexual Promiscuity (1) Shalimar (1) Shame (1) Shield of Faith (1) Significance (1) Sin (1) Sing (1) Single Mothers (1) Son (1) Special Ops. (1) Steep (1) Sun (1) Sweat (1) Sword of the Spirit (1) Tea Pot (1) Tea bag (1) Teach (1) Temperature (1) Titus (1) Tolerant (1) Tomatoes (1) Toxins (1) Toys (1) Truth (1) Unsure (1) Venom (1) WWII (1) Walk This Way (1) Water (1) Wisdom (1) Words (1) alone (1) betrayal (1) bleach (1) bronchitis (1) challenges (1) clouds (1) comfort (1) cross-stitch (1) cupboard (1) divorce (1) flaming arrows (1) helping (1) integrity (1) job (1) journey (1) needlework (1) perseverance (1) resoration (1) rest (1) retail management (1) roach (1) separation (1) shield (1) slavation (1) solar power (1) sorrow (1) stars (1) stress (1) surgery (1) tatting (1) tax (1) tongue (1) unemployment (1) ungodliness (1) vision (1) wine (1) worry (1)

    Search This Blog