Saturday, June 27, 2009

Solar Power


I just got back from Home Depot, love that place, where I had to get some bug spray which is a necessity in Florida. I also got another solar powered light for my courtyard. The glow from the lights are so soft and the best part it takes no electricity to run them!

A solar powered light sits around all day soaking up the sun. When the sun starts to disappear the little lamps start to glow. All the energy they stored up from the sun pours out to light
my pathway, and my pond. My whole courtyard is bathed in a soft glowie inviting light.
In John 8:12 Jesus said, "I am the light of the world, whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." (niv)
Luke 11:36 tells us, "Therefore if your whole body is full of Light and no part of it dark it will be completely lighted, as when the light of a lamp shines on you." (niv)

Our assignment, should we accept it, is to soak up the Light from the Son through Bible Study, Prayer, Attending Church, whatever means necessary .
Then when the darkeness starts to settle in around us the Light (Jesus) we've absorbed into us will start to glow. Jesus will shine from us and we will then reflect Him for others to see. They will be so drawn to the Light they will want to become a Light also.

We are given our "Solar Power" as a gift, we did nothing to deserve it, but it's ours for the taking. Once we've received the Light (Jesus), God expects us to pass it along to others, not hide it and keep it for our selves.

The Light has to keep shinning and the more lights willing to shine the less darkness in the world.

Let the Light in you shine for others to see today and everyday!
Blessings and peace

Wendy
Princess, daughter of the King of Kings
Mother of Princesses and Princes
Grandmother of Royalty

4 comments:

  1. I have to avoid my favorite stores so I don't tempt myself. The fact is, I rarely need anything from them, but when I'm there, I convince myself otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, whatever I go in to Home Depot for I come out with more necessities than I had planned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendy, I love your signature line.
    I, too, am the mother of four (three princesses and one prince) and grandmother of royalty. One of my princesses is your neighbor - she lives in Oviedo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your analogy Wendy! I pray that the Light of Jesus would be so bright in me that I would disappear.

    It's been a busy weekend but I will have your button ready for you tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I appreciate your company!

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Labels

    Prayer (11) battle gear (11) Faith (5) Family (5) Worship (5) America (4) Blessings (4) God's promise (4) Light (4) politically correct (4) praise (4) unemployed (4) Coffee (3) Forgiveness (3) God's will (3) Grace (3) Holy Land Experience (3) Holy Spirit (3) Jesus (3) children (3) fear (3) miracles (3) victory (3) Alabaster Box (2) Armor (2) Beach (2) Blood of Jesus (2) Choices (2) Cleansing (2) Content (2) Daddy (2) Dance (2) Death (2) Direction (2) Fasting (2) Favor (2) Florida (2) Friends (2) God (2) God's Favor (2) His Word (2) Home (2) Idols (2) Mercy (2) Ministry (2) Ohio (2) Plan (2) Pray (2) Proverbs (2) Rejoice (2) Salvation (2) Sunshine (2) Sword (2) Thankful (2) Warrior (2) Warriors Manual (2) attacks (2) encouragement (2) frontline (2) healing (2) trust (2) 9-11 (1) Abraham (1) Abuse (1) Affairs (1) Alter (1) Anonymous (1) Ant (1) Backing away (1) Bible (1) Bloggers retreat (1) Blues (1) Breastplate (1) Butterfly (1) Canton (1) Career (1) Cat (1) Chile miners (1) Classified (1) Closet (1) Communion (1) Compromise (1) Confused (1) Coutryard (1) Cursing (1) Dancing (1) Darkness (1) Decisions (1) Detour (1) Distress (1) Dream (1) Exodus (1) FEMA. job (1) FROG (1) Faithful Instruction (1) Father's strength (1) First Aid (1) Flag (1) Flawless (1) Fragrance (1) Freedom (1) Generations (1) Gifting (1) Girlies (1) God First (1) God's Good Pleasure (1) God's Word (1) God's light (1) Grandchild (1) Grandchildren (1) Grandma (1) Green Grass (1) Helmet (1) Hephzibah (1) His voice (1) Hope (1) Household (1) Identity (1) Idleness (1) Instruction (1) Intellectual elite (1) Intercessor (1) Ireland (1) Jewish Temple (1) Jupiter (1) Letting go (1) Life (1) Lifeguard (1) Loneliness (1) Love (1) Maurading Forces (1) Merge Church (1) Merry Christmas (1) Mess (1) Military (1) Monday (1) Motivation (1) Name change (1) Nashville (1) Negative (1) New Day (1) New Name (1) Nursing home (1) Oatmeal Paste (1) Ocean (1) Offense (1) Offering (1) Parade (1) Past Mistakes (1) Poison (1) Positive (1) Pride (1) Priorities (1) Protocol (1) Psalm (1) Record (1) Refuge (1) Repent (1) Rescue (1) Resume (1) Retail (1) Rigousness (1) Robbers (1) Role Model (1) Roots (1) Salt (1) Sand (1) School (1) Scrapbook (1) Seasoning (1) Security (1) Seek Him (1) Sexual Promiscuity (1) Shalimar (1) Shame (1) Shield of Faith (1) Significance (1) Sin (1) Sing (1) Single Mothers (1) Son (1) Special Ops. (1) Steep (1) Sun (1) Sweat (1) Sword of the Spirit (1) Tea Pot (1) Tea bag (1) Teach (1) Temperature (1) Titus (1) Tolerant (1) Tomatoes (1) Toxins (1) Toys (1) Truth (1) Unsure (1) Venom (1) WWII (1) Walk This Way (1) Water (1) Wisdom (1) Words (1) alone (1) betrayal (1) bleach (1) bronchitis (1) challenges (1) clouds (1) comfort (1) cross-stitch (1) cupboard (1) divorce (1) flaming arrows (1) helping (1) integrity (1) job (1) journey (1) needlework (1) perseverance (1) resoration (1) rest (1) retail management (1) roach (1) separation (1) shield (1) slavation (1) solar power (1) sorrow (1) stars (1) stress (1) surgery (1) tatting (1) tax (1) tongue (1) unemployment (1) ungodliness (1) vision (1) wine (1) worry (1)

    Search This Blog